Last week I made another batch of Freezer to Slow Cooker meals. There was a new ‘old standard’, White Chicken Chili. I also made meatballs, which I put in the freezer raw instead of pre-cooked. I made a new slow cooker pork tenderloin recipe and a chicken ‘pot pie’ recipe.
So, the favorite of the group was the pork tenderloin. The Hubs liked it, the girls liked it, and my mother (with whom I shared some) liked it. In fact, she commented more than once that she liked it. That’s really saying something.
I found the basic recipe on About.com. and altered it a bit to suit my families tastes and to work for the Freezer to Slow Cooker method that I have grown to love. There was enough that it made a couple of meals for our family. So that was a bonus! This is great served with baked or mashed potatoes!
It is just that easy! A lovely little morsel!
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
- Pork tenderloins 2-2.5 pounds, trimmed of fat
- 1 small clove garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Add garlic, mustard, honey, sugar, vinegar, thyme, salt and pepper to freezer bag and mix. Add pork and coat thoroughly. Remove the air from the bag and close. Place into the freezer.
- The night before you want to serve the pork, remove the bag from the freezer. The next morning place contents in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.