As I continue with the Freezer to Slow Cooker meals I have found several more that work very well for our family.Two such recipes were slow cooker pork loin recipes. One of the recipes I created turned out to be a super hit. Both of the little girls said it was a ‘maker againer’.
The first one was similar to an old fashioned roast with carrots and potatoes from my childhood. The four of us liked it, and the carrots were some of the most delicious I’ve ever had in a pot roast style meal.
The next recipe is one that I created based on past slow cooker pork loin recipes I have made and ingredients I had on hand. It was made with homemade cherry preserves that we had made this summer from my parent’s cherry tree. Delicious. I served this with baked potatoes and green beans.
I am still just as thrilled with the Freezer to Slow Cooker cooking as I was when I first tried it! It has definitely become something I will continue to do. It makes things so simple for me from start to finish and is definitely one of the best organizational tools I have ever found and used! These slow cooker pork loin recipes will make great additions to my make ahead meal collection.
Oh, and the Slow Cooker is such a great tool now that it’s fall and soup season is upon us! I’m so excited to holler out “Soup’s On”!
Well, that’s just another little bit of my cooking adventures! Until next time…Don’t get your ‘orts’ out of ‘sorts’~
Pork Tenderloin with Carrots and Potatoes
- 1 pound potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- ½ pound carrots (peeled and sliced)
- ¼ onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 pound boneless pork loin (trimmed)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package beef Herbox
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup water
Combine all ingredients, except water, in a zippered freezer bag, squeeze out all of the air, zip and freeze.
Take the bag out of the freezer the night before you want to cook and serve. In the morning pour the contents into the slow cooker, making sure the potatoes and carrots are on the bottom and place tenderloin on top. Pour ½ cup water over the loin.
Cook on low for 8-10 hours until the potatoes and carrots are cooked through. Keep an eye on the potatoes to ensure that they stay submerged in liquid and do not brown or burn.
Cherry Glazed Pork Tenderloin Freezer to Slow Cooker
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon onion soup mix from scratch (recipe follows)
- 1 cup cherry preserves
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Combine pork, soup mix, cherry preserves, 1 cup broth and cider vinegar in a zippered freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, zip, and freeze.
The night before you want to cook and serve the tenderloin remove it from the freezer to thaw in the refrigerator. In the morning, place the contents of the bag into the slow cooker. Add 1 cup of broth and cook on low for 8 hours.
Onion Soup Mix
- 2/3 cup minced onion flakes
- 3 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated or turbinado sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package low sodium beef bouillon (Herbox)
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container such as a glass jar with tight fitting lid or a zippered bag. Shake to combine thoroughly. Use approximately 2 Tablespoons of mix in place of 1 packet “Onion Soup Mix”, unless otherwise directed