RSS

Sharing some passion

20 Apr
Sharing some passion

Friday was Haiku day. I was on the road with my job most of the day. I did have time to write some Haiku in my head, unfortunately by the time I got home I had things to do and no time to get any of the words out of my head onto paper or into the computer. The weekend was busy with work and family, but I did manage to slip in a few hours of my new found passion, mixed media art!

My mother surprised me with a few bottles of acrylic paint and some scrapbook paper when I went to have coffee with her on Saturday morning, so I just had to use her gift!

First, I made a picture for Daughter Number One, who purchased her first home less than a month ago, and is finishing up painting the walls and starting to hang some artwork. I used her favorite color, green, and did a coffee cup like the one I had done last weekend. I sent her a picture and she was very excited.

Then I made a picture for Daughter Number Two, who is currently a student at the University of Kansas, majoring in biology (pre-Med). I made hers in pink, blue, and yellow and did a few new techniques and went with a simple heart collage. I loved trying the new techniques and am learning what works and what doesn’t.

As much as I would love to be able to take some time off to “art”, alas I must return to my job today. I did take a few minutes after my morning workout and while my morning beverage was brewing to write this Haiku about another one of my most passionate things.

green cup

The sounds coming from

My coffee pot are music

To my Waking Ears.

Thank you for allowing me to share my passion with you, in food, in art, in life. Just another small bite of my life… and they really are orts, of sorts.

6 Comments

Posted by on April 20, 2015 in Uncategorized

Tags: , ,

6 responses to “Sharing some passion

1. Dean B

April 20, 2015 at 7:07 am

I love that you still find the time for things you’re passionate about in spite being busy! Whereas I have all the time in the world but no inspiration. I’m confident though that it will come back 😉 x

• ortsofsorts

April 20, 2015 at 9:34 am

Dean, I have never done art (of the materials on canvas type) before last weekend. I am enjoying it so very much! I do find it necessary to carve out time for the things I am passionate about!
      As for your inspiration, I have read your blog and seen your photos and I see your passion all over the place!

2. Kate @ Did That Just Happen?

April 20, 2015 at 8:47 am

Love them! And just in love with your mom providing some supplies for you – my mom does that frequently, she sees something and picks it up – and that’s pretty much one of the best feelings in the world!

• ortsofsorts

April 20, 2015 at 9:37 am

Kate, that is definitely one of the things that my mom does that makes her so special to me. I know she does it for her other children and grandchildren, and it warms my heart every time! I can definitely see your mom doing that. She is a very loving and caring person!

3. kimberlyharding

April 21, 2015 at 8:16 am

I find your blog to be so touching. Love the art work and love that you are creating it for others, as well. Or also that your Mom bought you some art supplies. Such a sense of family surrounding your work 🙂

• ortsofsorts

April 21, 2015 at 8:54 am

Thank you, Kimberly! My family is so important to me. I’m touched that it shows!