RSS

National Poetry Month – A Breeze

28 Apr
National Poetry Month – A Breeze

When I got home from work yesterday my youngest daughter was so excited to share a poem with me that she had written. I asked if it was for an assignment, and she said, “No, I was thinking of you.”

Her poem inspired me to create a Mixed Media piece. I am sharing both with you.

a leaf

A breeze

I felt a breeze upon my shoulders

And knew he was watching me

down a leaf flapped and fluttered

in the steady soft long breeze

By: Éan Haynes

What are some of your favorite poems or poets? I would love to know!

8 Comments

Posted by on April 28, 2015 in Uncategorized

Tags: , , ,

8 responses to “National Poetry Month – A Breeze

1. Kate @ Did That Just Happen?

April 28, 2015 at 2:26 pm

That is so awesome!! I love it! And look at all the shares you have! 🙂 Tell Ean how proud I am!

• ortsofsorts

April 28, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Thank you, so much! I will tell her!

2. Dean B

April 28, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Oh dear, I have loads! Who to begin with? I used to love Sylvia Plath, still do. I like re-reading her poetry again and again, especially as I get older.

• ortsofsorts

April 28, 2015 at 4:46 pm

Oh – yes. I read some Sylvia Plath within the past month. Thank you for sharing with me!

3. kimberlyharding

April 30, 2015 at 2:07 pm

The sense of family/creativity on your blog just astounds me! I love that your daughter’s poem inspired your mixed media piece! Do you know how awesome that is??!

• ortsofsorts

April 30, 2015 at 4:52 pm

I have always known that my family is unique in multi-leveled creativity: Music, writing, cooking. it fills me to overflowing. When I read her poem I had tears well up in my eyes. I read it several times and knew what I had to do. I asked her input on the leaf and let her help me with the layering of paint on the background. I’m really digging this art, and the collaboration with my children!

4. kimberlyharding

April 30, 2015 at 2:07 pm

My own family (on several levels) is often so disconnected to my art. I guess, I am reaping the rewards of looking at your situation and experiencing it vicariously.

• ortsofsorts

April 30, 2015 at 4:57 pm

I really do understand where you’re coming from. Your art and writing touch my soul and make me dig deep into my thoughts. This seems to be a wonderful collective experience. I thank you…