The meatballs I made to go with the Lentil Pasta sauce were a very basic meatball recipe. It is a no frills meatball that’s good on spaghetti, in sandwiches, or even on a pizza.
Many times when I make meatballs I use ground turkey to make them healthier. My family has recently informed me that they do not like the turkey version, so when I made these the other day I made sure to use ground beef.
Another thing that I do to make the meatballs healthier for the family bake instead of fry. The family doesn’t seem to mind that health upgrade, so I will continue doing that.
Do not over mix the meatball mixture or it will become dense.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients with your hands until combined.
- Roll gently in your hands to about 1 ½ inch balls, firmly but not too tight.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until baked through.