I cannot believe that I have not posted this recipe before. This is one of my favorite muffin recipes and I have made it so many times for so many occasions. I just love Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins.
My love affair with Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins started a little over 23 years ago. You might think it strange that I know this, but it’s not. During my second pregnancy I craved Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins. I ate dozens of them, pre-made by a company that is still around today.
I didn’t start making my own Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins until probably 10-15 years ago. When I came across the recipe I made a few adjustments to it, but always stay fairly close to the original. I sometimes add more cocoa powder to make the batter more chocolatey and add dark chocolate chips frequently, as well.
One of the reasons I personally love this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe so much is that it is not dense like some muffins. They are cake-like and not overly sweet.
Through the years I have taken these Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins to many food sharing days at work and with friends and family. They always get rave reviews. I have printed out the recipe and shared with many people, which is probably why I thought I had shared it with you.
Well, today is your lucky day because now you have this amazing Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe, too!
Do you have a favorite Muffin Recipe? Also, what, if anything, did you crave during pregnancy?
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 18-24 large muffins
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease the wells of a muffin pan, or line with paper liners.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar, and chocolate chips into a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Pour the milk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together gently. Do not overmix.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove onto pans onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
This recipe is great for mini muffins.